Are you captivated by the idea of developing new solutions? Do you aspire to take your next career step at a progressive automotive company? Then we would be happy to welcome you to our growing international development team in Berlin. We are looking for highly motivated software professionals and experienced talents.
Join us as a Lead Embedded Software Engineer!
You are responsible for the specification, design, implementation and documentation of embedded software for wireless communication systems, especially concentrating on V2X. As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, your profound professional experience enables you to solve technical issues quickly and sustainably. You are open to take on a leading role in our software team imparting knowledge based on structured and proven methodologies.
Your tasks include:
- Taking an active role in designing decisions for embedded software architectures
- Contributing to specifying and implementing our processes along the complete automotive product development lifecycle
- Collaboration with system and software architects, project managers and our QA team to safeguard the smooth processing of cutting edge telematics products for premium automotive OEMs
- Strong cooperation with team members, our hardware development team and suppliers
- Management of design and code reviews, promotion of improvements, estimation of work effort
- Driving the delivery of software releases as projected
- Preparation of feasibility studies and technical concepts, prototyping and troubleshooting
- Motivating and mentoring team members to advance their careers
You have a degree in electrical engineering, computer science, telecommunications or a comparable qualification. You have at least three years of experience in leading embedded software engineers, preferably in the automotive field.
You have a solid understanding of:
- Embedded operating systems (QNX, Linux, RTOS), POSIX
- Software frameworks and middleware for embedded systems
- Hands on experience with classic and agile development methodologies
- Authoritative working experience in embedded software development and testing
- Solid development and debugging skills on Linux development environments
- Expert knowledge in C/C ++, Assembler and scripting languages such as bash or Python
- Implementation of test driven development, configuration management and continuous integration/deployment
- Design in UML, SysML
- Coding standards like MISRA and continuous inspection tools like Klocwork, SonarQube
- State of the art development tools, such as cross toolchains, debuggers, CMake, static and dynamic code analyzers, code coverage, performance measurements tools, etc.
Knowledge in at least some of the following areas is mandatory:
- Automotive process standards like ASPICE & ISO26262
- V2X and/or short range wireless communication technologies in general
- Cellular communication technology (3G/4G/5G)
- Network and hardware communication protocols (like TCP/IP, SOME/IP, CAN, Bluetooth)
- Experience with embedded Linux distribution like YOCTO, Automotive Grade Linux
- Security standards, PKI, crypto algorithms (like AES, RSA, ECC)
- Hypervisor technology in context of embedded systems, separation Microkernels
- Methodology or even hands on experience of classic and adaptive AUTOSAR
- Experience with complex ARM SoC based automotive systems and MCUs
Your personal prerequisites include:
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary multi-cultured team
- Independent and self-organized work attitude contributing to team success
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Orientation towards problem solving and quality
- Willingness to offer guidance to Junior and Intermediate developers
- Fluent English, German is a plus
- Work permit for the European Union
Hangsheng Technology GmbH in Berlin is the European Research and Development Center of Shenzhen Hangsheng Electronics Co., Ltd. (HSAE) with headquarters in China. As a principal supplier of automotive electronics HSAE is a worldwide operating tier-1 with more than 4.500 employees.
At the competence center in Berlin we develop products for the rapidly advancing areas of automotive connectivity and security. Our main focus is the disruptive technology of V2X communication. We provide platforms for connected vehicles based on intelligent and flexible software architecture
- Team oriented working climate in an open-minded international team
- Cosmopolitan environment in the city-center of Berlin
- Full time permanent contract
- Opportunity to work on a broad variety of subjects
- Fast personal development in a rapidly growing ambitious company
Please send your complete application documents (motivation letter, CV, diplomas/certificates) by e-mail, including your availability and salary expectations.
Contact: Ms. Ulrike Sebon
We are looking forward to hearing from you!